The transformation from RCC roofing to tile roofing Houston services for the commercial sector is happening due to many reasons. Reduction in price per square foot, strength of materials, eco friendly structure, easy availability of components, accessories and spare parts, enhanced security and weather protection are some of the basic factors which make people change their roofing. The procedures involved in installation and maintenance services are also simple and time saving in nature. This type of structure also reduces the maintenance costs by decreasing the required manpower, material, machine tools and the optimizing the methods.
Construction of Tile Roofing Houston
Commercial tile roofing Houston services can be obtained for concrete, clay or other reinforced material combination. The average dimensions of the tiles are according to the construction code quality standards of ISO 14001 and UL listings.
- The design and structure of underlayment is an important criterion you need to consider. This can be supported by a solid metal or hardwood frame. The layout of the frame shall extend from the four walls and the four corners and meet at the summit center. The design of the roof may be flat or sloping. Calculations for the required tensile strength, endurance and other factors are done per square foot of the roof. Suitable supports in the forms of beams, pipes and pillars are provided at the points of maximum stress.
- Once the frame is ready, the tile roofing Houston servicemen can install the tiles in layers. Every tile can be fastened to the frame and the overlying tiles with the help of fasteners and bolts. Protective membranes for waterproof rustproof and characteristics are installed around the tiles and metal parts. The entire structure is sealed with adhesives and sealants at the corners and edges. Mortar is filled at the corners and edges to provide protection from break in and weather elements. The top surface aesthetic features can be enhanced with an optional coat of painting.
Options for Built Up Roof
Commercial buildings like warehouses, factories and assembly lines can make use of built up roof structures for better protection from weather elements. The advantages of such roofs are many. Some of the benefits can be listed in brief.
- Installation of duct fans is possible over the built up roof by allocating exclusive space within the roof area. Since these fans are light in weight, the angular structure of the metal tiles can support them even on slope roofs.
- The tensile strength of metallic tiles is rated very high. With a value of 25000PSI and above, these tiles can withstand foot traffic stress to a considerable extent. Since aluminum is the most recommended metal, it is designed to be rustproof.
- Proper insertions of sealants, clips and other forms of underlayment make it possible to have absolutely waterproof weather proof structures. Installation of snow guards is also possible.
- Fasteners, trims and other supporting and protecting components have high tensile strength and flexibility. The built up roof can be used across large surface areas with low maintenance costs and easy procedures.